killed the cat caused the gas leak!
You know that scene in Friends where Monica finds the switch that does nothing in the boys apartment and investigates…..you can see where this is going..
In the office there is such a switch. Even more annoyingly it has a red light above it that glows arrogantly when it is on.
What does it operate? where does the cable go? why is it there? I must know! Removing floor boards didn’t help. Pulling the cabling and trying to follow it didn’t help. Turning EVERYTHING off in the house and demanding silence didn’t help.
By this time the investigations had led me into the late of night and from a comment of “you best put those floor boards back as they were” from the Wife (we are sanding them down rather than carpeting) I felt the pressure and tiredness creep in
Floor board down, reluctant happiness and pleasure that everything was put away and I could go home…..i noticed a wobble. This wobble in the board would do. AHA but I had tools…namely a hammer and a nail.
Perfect…..err not so much……
Hammer + nail + gas pipe = Gas Safe repair man being called
- Turn gas off, don’t panic, call a gas safe company any they will fix it.
- You DO NOT need to call the gas board (the gas is in your home and you have made it save by switching the gas off)
- It should cost no more than £150
- Remove the nail from the board before you put it back on
- Don’t panic
- Don’t smoke in that room
- Take photos and wear it like a badge of honor